94 Taurus 3.8 xmission

She leaks transmission fluid when hot. What should I look for underneath?

Currently all I can see is an oily pan! - RM

Reply to
RickMerrill

Thomas Moats

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Are the engine mounts themselves in good shape? The mounts on Gen 2 Taurii are actually hydraulic shock absorbers, and will leak oil similar to ATF (but nice and black from the rubber) when they get torn up.

Other than that, I'd do what Thomas said. Warm the car up, get at it with a flashlight and see where the drips come from. You may also want to put some newspaper or paper towels under the front of the car to see where the drips land.

-lee

Reply to
Lee Cremeans

Go to a auto parts store or discounter. Buy a jug of degreaser. Dilute it and spray it around your engine (not on electrical parts like the alternator) Hose it off carefully. Its much easier to find a leak when you get rid of the old crud on the engine. If you take a floor jack to the car wash, you can jack it up the front and get to the bottom of the motor much easier. Don't let the motor be too hot when you do this. If your patent at home, a brush and a garden hose with a nozzle will get a lot of it off. A pressure washer or car wash is better. Just be careful.

There are many leak points on a taurus. As pointed out the motor mounts have goo in them. The power steering hoses tend to leak by the rack and by the pump. The radiators can leak from the seem.

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

One word,or link,

don't be fooled, there is NOTHING like this stuff and it is NOT an "additive" in the sense of regular additives go.

If you want more info on the stuff go to

and go to the forums, I'd say a 70% shot it'll fix your problem, and a money back guarantee, how great is taht! :)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Leser