94 Taurus Electrical Probs

I have a 94 Taurus GL 3.8 with no interior, trunk, hood or tail lights working, no radio, power mirrors, no dashlights (speedometer)or cruise control. I've checked the fuses and all are fine. Brake lights and signal lights still work as well as the cluster of info signals in the dash (ie. high beams, low fuel etc.)

The wiring seems to be intact as I've pulled the dash and the plate under the steering column.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Matthew Thomas

It's the only solid brown wire in the vehicle. After it leaves the fuse panel, it connects to a junction point where it branches off to the various light sets. Double check the fuses, make sure it is making contact in the fuse holder. Test the fuse with a test light, not your eyes.

Reply to
Michael O

Most libraries keep reference manuals with wiring diagrams. Thery aren't real hard to follow. And you can use the copy machine to make a print as long as it's for personal use. Once you've got the shcematic you should be able to figure it out. If you can't, SCAN the schematic (high resolution) and ask for help here. Someone will be able to read it and tell you where to look. Sometimes, depending on the vehicle, you'll go through a relay before heading out to your various lighting locations. That's where your problem could be. Or, sometimes, like in a Toyota truck I worked on last week (same problem, no tail lights and no courtesy bed light) I found a connector unplugged. Once you've got a shcematic, and a multimeter you shouldn't have too much trouble finding your problem. Good Luck. P.S. Send me your diagram (clean and *.JPG) and I'll blow it up and try to point you in the right direction.

Reply to
DUMBnEASY