94 Taurus Fuel Tank size?

I keep googling, can't really find anything. I just bought a 94 Taurus and was wondering the fuel capacity. Also, does it have a "low fuel light?

I'm getting about 360 miles to a tank on the highway, but I don't think I've let it run down that far yet. I'm guessing I'm getting about 25-27 MPG and was curious as to the tank capacity so I can figure my total range.

Reply to
Dave Zass

The 1996 Ford Taurus has a fuel tank capacity of 16 gallons. You can get the

1996 owner's manual here:

I don't know if there were major model changes between 1994 and 1996.

Why are you guessing at the mileage? If you keep track of how many miles you go between fillups and how many gallons of fuel you put in the car, you should be able to figure out how much fuel you are using. Until you know this, you won't be able to figure out your total range.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff
16 Gallons Tauruscarclub.com is a good reference site.
Reply to
Repairman

Rated at 16... but in reality? Well, my "16" gallon Taurus tank kicks on the Low Fuel Light at 450 miles(normal day-day driving), giving me 60 miles to get gas, or a range of 510 miles. On the highway, steady interstate speed of 73-75 mph, a range of 610 miles.

The most gas I've ever put in it is 20.2 gallons.

If you "think" you're getting 25-27 mpg, you are basing your range on a

14 gallon tank?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

20.2,16,14.. know what? just top it off, drive a couple hundred, top it off gain and do the math;)
Reply to
Dark1

Except... that won't help with figuring the range or actual capacity of the tank...

You could risk driving around until you run out, then add gas from a carry-along to get to a nearby fueling station, and calculating your capacity. The risk is possible damage to the fuel pump.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1