94 taurus leaking inside the car.

     have a 94 taurus that is losing water and seems to be dripping inside the car (passanger side) I think it's a heater core problem.
here's the symptoms... when the defroster or heater is turned on the windows are steamed up immediately. moisture is pouring out the vents. The a/c is fine
My question is.. can I bypass the core at the firewall until I can fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thnx
troubled in fla.
yes.
--