'94 Taurus Turn signals

My turn signal is out. It looks like I have to remove the entire tail light assembly to repair it.

Do I have to replace a whole sealed tail light assembly or can I simply replace burnt bulbs once I get the assembly off?

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave Zass

Define turn signal out? If you put on the emergency flashers, what do you see on? The bulbs are accessible from the trunk on a sedan. On a wagon, you have to remove the lens to get to them. Now, i have seem bad sockets on some of these. Look at the bulb when it comes out. If the base looks burnt or melted like, chances are the socket will need to be replaced. Foe some reason, i have changed on few out on my wagon.

I changed the stalk out also, but that was for bad connections on the wiper part of it.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

I have a GL Sedan. I don't see how the bulbs are accessible. It looks like three hand twisted screws releases the whole tail light assembly. I was wondering if I can just change the bulbs with a 1157 or whatever is required.

I didn't try the flashers, but the turn signal flashes quickly on the panel light and no light at all from the rear lens. I stood outside the car while the turn signals were turned on from both sides. Front right works OK, rear right is out.

Reply to
Dave Zass

Remove those nuts and the whole lense assy will come out, then you will see how to get the bulbs out. Sometimes the lense will stick just move it around a bit and be carefull. Also make sure you get all the nuts off first. I think the number you will find on the bulbs are 3157, 3156, IIRC. Usually the number is on the bulb anyway. Check it close because the bulbs look very similar. Have fun.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

3357, and it took 2 minutes.

Thanks for the input.