94 Taurus Wagon with rattling tailgate

tailgate has 1/4" of play when closed, and makes painfully loud thudding noises over bumps. Can someone tell me how to adjust the tailgate for a tighter closure?
also Electric locks and rear windows don't work with the driver side door controls.
thanks.
I have a 95 and I had to adjust mine. The pin on the floor is adjustable. Loosen it, move it where you want it and re-tighten it. Does the back glass on yours sqeak alot? I was looking for some tye of lubricant to keep the glass from making so much noise but haven't found anything yet.
Cecil