'94 Tbird (auto) shift knob/shaft

Re: '94 Tbird (auto) shift knob/shaft
'allo,
I gotta '94 Tbird LX V8 with 4R70W auto tranny.
It has a leather-covered shift knob/shaft coming out of the console. There is a catch-mechanism
on the back of the shift button that fits in the knob that is broken.
Does anyone know how to remove the shift knob/shaft? Do ya gotta put it up on a lift? The non-Ford manual was no help whatsoever ...
Thanks, Puddin'
Most all of GM cars I've worked on had a C - clip down at the bottom of the shift knob facing the dashboard.. Pull it out with needlenose pliers or a thin screw driver, then pull the knob straight up off the shaft. It might be a tight fit.
To remove the shift lever shaft you probably have to diasssemble & remove the console.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,385 miles_~_~_