'94 Tbird LX V8: High-pitched whine

Re: '94 Tbird LX V8: High-pitched whine
I belong to '94 Tbird LX V8 (4.6), 60k mi., *no* hard usage.
When I start it (cold) in the morning, I can just hear
(from inside) a high-pitched whine. Stick my head under the hood and it is more noticable. Neither the pitch nor the intensity seems to change when I rev the motor a bit.
Seems to go away after I drive the car a while, but I gotta double check this ...
I'm thinking alternator or belt tensioner. Do these need/take lube? Other possibilities?
TIA, Puddin'