'94 TBird multi-function switch

Hi,

I gotta '94 TBird LX V8 with 56k mi. Yesterday the hazard and turn flashers and 2 of 3 brake lites stopped working. The brake lite in the rear window continued to work (go figger!).

The problem is the multi-function switch (which has malfunctioned before). I take it all apart, clean all the connections, and it works again.

I think it is like my stereo. The elec. connectors corrode, I dissemble/clean, then they work again. For a while.

I can't really tell if the problem is in the male connectors on the switch or on the female connectors on the wiring harness.

The MF switch is maybe $65? Should I buy/install it? Or would I be wasting $?? "The Damned Thang Is A Royal Pain In The Arse To Work On!!!"

Thanks, Puddin'

Reply to
Puddin' Man

Do you apply clean grease after you clean them?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic