95 e150 van won't start

car was working perfectly, started 5 minutes ago. tried to restart the car, engine turns over like it isn't getting fuel, do not hear the "fuel
pump" priming the engine as it usually does when I turn the key to the on and wait to start the engine. checked all fuses, all ok. Help. I can buy one of the test computers, but I was trying to avoid that, and I do not want to buy a 180 dollar fuel pump unless I have to.
Check your fuel shut off switch. It may need reset or even replaced. They do occasionally go bad.
CJB