95 escort

has any one had this happen to them???? my 1995 escort died the other night , going down the high way at 70 mpr, it just quick like turning the key off,
wont start now, any one know what and where to start looking for the problem(s) thanks

didnt you by any chance hit a pothole or bump at that time?
make sure collision/inertia switch isnt tripped and fuel pump is working. that's the soft whine or buzz you would hear for two seconds at key-on
then check for spark.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

Timing belt?

Heh... Good thinking!
Does the engine-cranking sound different, now? you know...r-r-r-r-r-r-r instead of -r-r-r, r-r-r-, r-r-r
lol
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

And JMAN reports it was indeed the timing belt, (in another thread)

Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!