'95 Escort LX 1.9 no spark

My 95 escort wagon died and wouldn't restart. It won't start with a fresh jump, but there's compression, so I'll rule out the timing belt for now. Fuel system is fine. Starter cranks fine. There is no spark being
delivered to the plugs. I haven't done an ignition system since my 77 Nova, so if I might get a bunch of you to make suggestions, I'd like to try it myself. Hey, where's the coil? (chuckle) is there a fuse that might have gone south? Any help will be appreciated, and I think I've included anything that needs to be said.
TonyK
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Could be crank position sensor, coil, wiring or ? Buy a Haynes, Clymer, or Chilton manual, learn how to communicate with the computer, and see what the error codes tell you.
A '95 with 1.9.... I believe it has a distributor. (And no crank sensor)
If you have no spark at the coil, then it's either the pickup coil in the distributor, the ignition module, the coil, interconnecting wiring, or the distributor cap / rotor.
Big jump from a '77 Nova to a '95 escort (which engine. I had a '69 with a 250 and power glide, and a '72 with a 307). But not too much of a jump for the spark timing control between the two.

A 1995 Escort does not have a distributor, and it does have a crank sensor. I have one (and the factory service manual).
Thanks for the clarification.
I didn't know that.