95 Escort - Remove a Pioneereradio/CD ?

I found this information on a previous post. From: jim ( snipped-for-privacy@noname.com) Subject: Re: 1999 Ford Escort radio installation Date: 2002-06-12 09:21:03 PST

put them. I want to removed a Pioneer Radio radio/CD and put it in a newer car. You can remove the radio/CD cover off, so it won't get stollen. When that's taken off are the slots, to put the U shaped metal rods into, visible? I will put the manufacturers radio back in this car.
I hope this isn't as dumb quesion? I'm trying to learn. Liz

Liz.. the post you quoted is for removing the factory-installed radio, not the aftermarket one.
Cuck
The factory radio uses two U shaped hooks to remove, while the Pioneer unit uses two long flat hooks that have a raised edge at the end that grabs the release mechanism when it locks. But they both use the same concept, when pushed in and locked into place, pull outward and toward you and the unit should slide right out. You will find the two sleeves in the center on each side of the radio to insert the tools, after you remove the plastic trim panel (not the face).
Sharky
"Liz"

What model Pioneer? Is should be written on the removeable face. Some use the U-shaped rods that go into 4 holes in the front. My oldie came with a "sleeve" and 2 flat blades that go down each side. It's currently installed using the screw-on brackets that the stock radio used.
wrote in message

I'll take the faceplate off and have a look. Will I need to get the removal tool that Crutchfield has is their catalogue? Liz