95 Escort Seatbelt Stuck

I have a 95 escort with one of those unbelieveably moronic automatic seatbelts. The driver's side belt stuck most of the way back. I tried moving it manually with the emergancy crank (or whatever they call it), but it's won't budge. I tested it on the passenger side and it seems to work fine. The crank simply won't budge more than a degree or two on the driver's side and when it does, the belt latch doesn't move at all. I just spent a few hundred bucks on repairs in the hopes that it'll keep me going for another year or two so I really can't afford another repair bill. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
jscooper22