95 Escort Tranny Question

Hi, I have to rev up the engine to around 4-5 k before the car will shift into 2nd gear, then it works alright. I've heard it's a speed senser problem, anyone else heard this or know
about the problem. Really apreciate your time. I don't want to spend $1,500 if I don't have to. Thanks Roger
opined in

Any OTHER symptoms, of ANY abnormal operation?
Starting, idling, stalling, cruise problems?

Hi, Thanks for your reply, No problem starting, idles fine, no stalling ,cruises good tranny shifts alittle late. Everything is good except having to rev it high once to get it to shift into 2nd, then it shifts up and down ok. Thanks Rog
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:24:21 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Is it slipping?
Hi thanks for your replies
Turns out, the cable from the back of the seedometer was not hooked up to the (speed sensor) I'm not sure if it's called that, but any ways it was the problem. Thanks again