95 ford ecort 1.9 car missing and loading up

my catalitic converter was plugged, I replaced with new one.now car misses, acts like its loading up, doesnt have the power it used to, and now my check engine light comes, but then goes out and stays out,
95 ford escort, 1.9 lt.also new plugs and wires used.