95 Ford Ranger

Hi, last night I tried to change the fuel filter on my 95 Ford Ranger. Go the one line removed (towards the tank), but was unable to remove the connection on the front of the fuel filter. What is the trick to do that?

Per Chilton's manual this connector type is called "duckbill" clip fuel fitting.

I appreciate any suggestion you might have - thanks!

Klaus

95 Ford Ranger 76,700 miles (recently purchased)
Reply to
Klaus

Klaus opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com:

Two ways of going about it..

  1. Use the inexpensive plastic line-release toolset sold at the same Auto- Parts stores you bought the filter...

- doesnt Chilton's mention them?

  1. Note the replacement keepers that should have come with the filter..You COULD carefully destroy the old ones

I recommend the 1st option

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for the quick reply! To answer you questions.

No, Chilton's does not mention any "inexpensive toolset", but refers to the Ford special tool - or the use of pliers, which I cannot make any sense out of.

2nd-ly the filter did not come with any "keepers" - though it could have fallen out of the box ..... (before or after I bought it).

Will make a trip to the store and see about the tool

Thanks!

Klaus

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Reply to