95 Ford Windstar

I have a 95 Ford Windstar and the check engine light came on, so I took it in. It read something about emissions. Then gave the code p1405 Sensor upstream hose off or plugged. So what exactly does that mean? How much is it? And is it hard to change.

Reply to
Melissa

First idea would be the O2 sensor.

Reply to
Andy

??????

For the original poster..... this DTC involves the exhaust gas recirculation system.... The most likely cause is the DPFE sensor BUT some diagnosis will be required to avoid replacing parts needlessly. Possibilities include a blocked or damaged EGR tube (exhaust to intake), a blocked hose (EGR tube intake manifold side to DPFE sensor) or a disconnected hose (same one that could be blocked).

Surprising (unless this was one of those freebee things) that you would have the PCM scanned and not ask the tech for an explanation...

Reply to
Jim Warman

EVERYONE'S first idea is the O2 sensor, especially the Autozone Counterman... if it's not the spark plugs.

However the RIGHT answer is the DPFE, or the EGR feed tube to the DPFE Differential Pressure Feedback Exhaust.

You can change it yourself if you are pretty handy

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic