95 Ford Windstar

I have a 95 Ford Windstar and the check engine light came on, so I took it in. It read something about emissions. Then gave the code p1405 Sensor upstream
hose off or plugged. So what exactly does that mean? How much is it? And is it hard to change.

First idea would be the O2 sensor.
??????
For the original poster..... this DTC involves the exhaust gas recirculation system.... The most likely cause is the DPFE sensor BUT some diagnosis will be required to avoid replacing parts needlessly. Possibilities include a blocked or damaged EGR tube (exhaust to intake), a blocked hose (EGR tube intake manifold side to DPFE sensor) or a disconnected hose (same one that could be blocked).
Surprising (unless this was one of those freebee things) that you would have the PCM scanned and not ask the tech for an explanation...

EVERYONE'S first idea is the O2 sensor, especially the Autozone Counterman... if it's not the spark plugs.
However the RIGHT answer is the DPFE, or the EGR feed tube to the DPFE Differential Pressure Feedback Exhaust.
You can change it yourself if you are pretty handy
you pay..DEAL with it!