95 ford windstar

to all, I have a 95 Ford Windstar the air bag indicator is all the time on, If someone please can help me how to take of the steering wheel of to have a look at the problem?

Reply to
magedwisa

"magedwisa" wrote

But is it the air bag that's the problem, or one of the five or six sensors that triggers the airbag, or the computer that receives signals from the sensors to trigger the airbag?

You won't be able to tell a thing by taking off the steering wheel, since the airbag is a sealed unit that just connects to its computer with a few wires.

The best thing that can happen is: you get the wheel off, look at the whole assembly and say "I don't know what's wrong".

The worst thing that can happen is: you make a mistake taking the wheel off, and the airbag detonates, crushing your head and leaving your family to clean up the blood and what's left of your face off the inside of the van.

If you don't know what you're doing, please take it to someone who does.

Reply to
MasterBlaster