95 Ford Windstar problem

Hello.... my Windstar has a cylinder 1 misfire (had AutoZone scan the computer and that's what came back, along with a P1407 - EGR No Flow Detected code). I changed the plugs, but still have the misfire so I'm
assuming it's probably the plug wire which I will also change, but first wanted to ask if it's possible to check for a bad wire or possibly a bad coil. I can remove wire #1 from the coil with the vehicle started and there is no change in the way it idles nor is there any sign of sparking (no spark sound and nothing visible). So....is there a way to test for a bad wire and/or coil? Also....what about the EGR code I gave.... is there something I can do myself to test exactly what the problem may be? Any help is gratefully appreciated as I really don't have the money to spend right now to take the van into a shop so if I can rectify this myself, that would be great....
Scott
had same problem with my 95 windstar, i changed plugs , wires, and coil pack, still was misfiring. then found out it was main computer. cost 380.00 bucks. been running fine since then, about 1.5 yrs

there
spark