95 Mark Viii Fuse problems

Yesterday I get in the car for the second time for the day and the shifter won't shift out of park. I found out how to work around that turning the key partially and starting the car in neutral. Then I noticed my brake lights and turn signals and hazard flashers and cruise control were not working either. The fuse that instantly blows is #11 in the panel. It's a 15A fuse that is supposed to only pertain to the Brake lamp, brake pressure switch and hazard lamps. I thought it might be a bad brake light switch, the one under the brake pedal so I disconnected the harness and the fuse still blew instantly when inserted. There is also a two wire harness that clips on top of the master cylinder and I disconnected that and it didn't help. I don't suppose it could be related to the recall for the cruise control. I haven't taken the car in for that. I guess a short anywhere in the wiring or bulb sockets or even a bad bulb can cause this. That fuse controls many important things so if anyone has any ideas of what I can look for please post it. Thanks!

Reply to
z40205

Well, if the car qualifies for the CC recall, that would be a place to start. It will be coverred under either 05S28 or 09S09... your dealer can check OASIS to see which one. Why look for something "else" before you have a known concern addressed?

Reply to
Jim Warman

I should have taken it in for the speed control recall but is there any connection with that problem and the problems I am having with the brake lights, turn signals, shift stuck in park? I was never really worried about the car catching on fire due to the cruise control. If the cruise control recall and the problems I am having now are related, I would like it explained. Thanks again

Reply to
z40205

The brake circuit must be satisfied for the shift lever to be moved. Take you car to a dealership were they have the proper equipment to find the fault and have it corrected, rather than wasting money changing parts, WBMA

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I'll take it in. I realize especially when it comes to electrical stuff they can figure it out much faster than I will.

Reply to
z40205