95 Sable 3.0L Overheating

Fan not coming on. Turn on A/C and fan runs. Turn off A/C and fan continues to run until engine cools off. This car has a single fan on the radiator. Bad coolant sensor or some relay somewhere? Seems like
the fan would turn off as soon as the A/C was turned off if the sensor was bad. Where is coolant sensor located on the 3.0L engine. Thanks all.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Fan ON is triggered by AC clutch power. Engine temp input for fan ON is different; probable bad temp sensor, usually located near thermostat housing on top of engine.
Changed sensor, same problem. Fan motor is a 3 wire motor. 2 speed motor. Never get power to the blue motor wire. Both speeds work when connected to battery. 40a fuse is good. Is there a relay somewhere? Thanks.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Yes there is. It's called a CCRM on a Taurus, but I'm not sure where it is, but probably mounted just below radiator. About the size of a brick, with cooling fins.

OK, found it. Geeeez, how do you trouble shoot that thing. Can the dealer test it if I take it in? Looks too expensive to buy just to try. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That's where the Factory Service manual comes in handy. It will take you through all of the steps to pinpoint a failed CCRM. The dealer can't "test" it off the car. The whole thing has to go "to the shop" to figure it out, unless you have the factory manuals and can read, understand, and use them. If the "low " fan runs, it's usually not the CCRM.
x-no-archive: yes

I believe there was a recall on this model year for cooling fan problems. You might want to pop by the dealer to see if this is the case and whether or not it was performed.
Gary