95 T-Bird Struts

So I bought new struts and shocks for my bird, took a day off and figured that would be enough time to at least get the front end done. Of course my downfall was that I did not take Murphy's law into consideration. Everything was going well until I got to the shock-to-lower control arm bolt. The nut came off with some effort (I had to use my legs), but the bolt will not come out.

I have tried putting a jack under the lower control arm to alleviate the pressure from the spring on the bolt; I also compressed the spring. The illustration I see in the Haynes manual shows the bolt as smooth with the only threading where the nut should go. So, I should be able to just slide the bolt out right? Already tried the trusty hammer. . .

Has anyone run into this problem before? Yeah, I know Haynes isn't very good at all, but its what I have.

Thanks Jason