'95 Taurus 3.8 Acceleration stutter

Hi,

I own a '95 Taurus Wagon 3.8L, 62K miles. Ever since last week, it's been having problems. Namely, on acceleration, the car stutters like I'm tapping on/off the gas. It's especially bad on hard acceleration, and ascending hills. It's unnoticeable on cruising. I think there's also a loss of power involved when this happens. There is no pinging, there is no misfiring... no engine codes.

The weird thing is that this comes and goes. Sometimes it'll run fine. Sometimes it'll studder for the first 15 minutes, and then magically it'll be fine. Sometimes it's only at speeds acceleration above 35mph on third gear, sometimes it does it at all speeds. Sometimes it'll do it all day.

I've carefully cleaned the MAF sensor ( although it was clean when I opened it..), but that didn't change a thing. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help!

Manuel

Reply to
Manuel Lohninger