95 Taurus Starting/Stalling Trouble

Hello. Oh my god, if I don't crazy over this car... anyway, here is my newest situation: Last week, car wouldn't turn over or start. Told a guy where I was at, he
took a hammer and banged on something right under the front fender. Started after that. He Mentioned that it might be starter. Next day,tried to start it and it did the same thing. Took a hammer to it myself(:]),it started. Ran fine for a while, then it decided to stall on me, right as I was at an intersection getting ready to turn a corner. I started it 4 or 5 times before it finally made it around the corner(stalled off and on though). Sat for a couple of days after that, went to start it,and it started, but quit on me after a few seconds. Tried again and kept doing the same thing, so now I give up. Where's that hammer? I notice that after it quits, the battery and check engine lights stay lit. What in the world is going on with this car?
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:15:20 -0500, "sunset76"

starter
hurc ast