'95 Thunderbird intermittent climant fan PLEASE HELP!

For many years the climant fan has cut out for a few seconds when I accelerate, usually when leaving a stop. BUT NOW, the fan cuts out at-the-drop-of-a-hat and stays off indefinately. It is sooo cold where I live that I cannot drive the car if the fan will not come on. PLEASE HELP!

Reply to
applehead

If you have automatic temperature controls, the fan controller is a solid-state unit. I had similar problems on my '95 Crown Vic. On the vic, the control is mounted from the engine side into the air plenum. When you remove it, you will see a circuit board, a big transistor, and a huge heat-sink. I resoldered every connection, then replaced it. It has worked perfectly since. You might need a service manual to figure out where it is, you really only see the harness connector when you look for it.

You could also just replace it, but I'm a bit techie and a bit cheap...

PoD

accelerate, usually when leaving a stop. BUT NOW, the fan cuts out at-the-drop-of-a-hat and stays off indefinately.

not come on. PLEASE HELP!

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

accelerate, usually when leaving a stop. BUT NOW, the fan cuts out at-the-drop-of-a-hat and stays off indefinately.

not come on. PLEASE HELP!

Reply to
Richard

Thanks for the help :)