95 Villager Ignition

Me and my wife just bought a 95 Villager and the only way to start it sometimes is to wiggle the ignition switch until it hits just the right spot to let the key go all the way it and turn. What is causing this and how do I fix it.

Reply to
mudmonkey

mudmonkey opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

If the key is sticky, balky.. use a light silicon spray.. or dip the key itself in graphite lock lube (dont put graphite lube IN car ignition cylinders.. could cause a short)

If it's NOT cylinder related, then it's the Switch or linkage and you'll have to remove covers and inspect.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic