95 Windstar

When I start the Windstar, I can hear a clicking noise which appears to be coming from the transmission. The noise sounds like it coming from the
driver side of the van in the engine compartment. After its running for a while, the clicking stops. I think if you run through the gears it appears it the clicking may stop sooner.
I looked through multiple transmission problems and I have not come across any symptoms as I described. Has anyone heard of this type of problem, or might know what the noise could be?
Please let me know. The van has 97K miles on it.