95 Windstar horn - this is different!

Hello all. I did a search on this and couldn't find anyone with this specific problem on the Windstar. Our horn works just fine when the car is turned off, but stops working when the motor is running. Fuse
is OK (as one would suspect). I also have no cruise control, so am wondering if perhaps related.
Anyone else experienced this problem?
Clockspring (contact ring) in steering wheel.