'95 windstar power locks

my windstar has power locks and recently needs the button pressed several times with the passenger side lock slowly raising until fully unlocked. also it sometimes doesn't lock with the control on either side of the van. is this a seperate unit in the passenger door and not one unit working all the doors? any idea of cost for the parts in can$?

Reply to
T. Allen

i do not have a key chain remote, the button i speak of is the one on the doors.

Reply to
T. Allen

I had this happen on my 1984 Escort GT and all I did was I cleaned the electrical contacts on the power door lock switches. After that they worked like new again for as long as I kept the car (years after that).

Reply to
Childfree Scott