96 Crown Vic - Manual to Automatic Climate Control

I recently picked up a nice '96 Crown Vic LX. I'm upgrading from a '94 Crown Vic base model and so far I'm very happy (except for the lack of radio antenna/reception, but that's another post).

Anyway, my Crown Vic has just about every option except for automatic climate control. I was thinking that I might be able to get an auto climate control module out of a wrecked Crown Vic and put it into mine. But before I do that, I'd like to know if it's even possible. I know that there might be a couple of different wiring harnesses for CVs, so it might be a dream. But if it is, I'm interested in tackling it.

Is this a possibility, or is it a dream? Is it a difficult swap? I'm fairly handy with tools but I don't want this to be a three-day adventure that I have to undertake in the middle of Michigan's very cold winters. Any advice and pointers would be very much appreciated.

Please CC replies to BobTop at-sign gmail period com.

Thanks! Bob.

Reply to
BobTop

[...]

Personally, i think auto climate control is just one more computer and automation thing to break down. Especially in an older car. You would have to replumb so much that you certainly would not want to do it in the winter. By the time you bought the shop manuals and completely tore apart a donor and figured out all the stuff, you would be sorry. (unless your a glutton for punishment).

Best advice, trade for a car that already has it. Or live with twisting a knob once in awhile.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ