96 Crown Vic Not Starting

I Have a 96 Crown Vic LX, 186,000 Miles. I have a problem when we have a lot of rain. I live on a dirt road and when it rains a lot we get puddles. These are very large puddles and you must drive thru slowly. The depth is
about the middle of the Wheel.
When I went to go start the car to go to work the car spins over but does not start.
This happened last year when there was a lot of water after the Hurricanes. At that time we cleaned the battery posts, sprayed the Crank Sensor at the front of the Crank with no avail. Then we went to take another look and it started.
Well we went thru the motions again but to no avail. We also checked the fuses and sprayed them with WD-40. All the fuses look good.
While spinning the car over you cannot here the injectors clicking. Also not getting any Fire to the plugs.
I don't have any testers to work with.
Is there any simple tests i can try?
Sounds like a bad iginition switch.
Sarge

of the engine. It would be susceptible to water for sure. Unplug it, if its rusty or dirty, spray some WD40 or something in both the plug and the sensor to flush/clean it out and see what happens.
And if that fixes the problem, let it dry a few days then fill the connector full to overflowing with silicon dielectric grease.

96 CV's dont have crank sensors, they didnt get those till 03. go to www.crownvic.net and ask them there, they will be able to help.
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:52:01 -0400, Backyard Mechanic

<Well we went thru the motions again but to no avail. We also checked the fuses and sprayed them with WD-40. All the fuses <look good.
take off the plug wires and spray them with a fine mist of gasoline, then replace plug wires and restart car......should take care of the problem