96 ford taurus #2missfire

I have a 1996 ford taurus. It has the service engine soon light blinking, I got the code of #2 cylinder missfire. I cleaned the fuel injector which was
in the back and no fun to get to. still have the same code . Any ideas? Thanks
Take your vehicle to a competent technician and have the problem corrected, WBMA
mike hunt

That's certainly great advice, but if you want to keep tinkering with it even though you don't have any tools (or knowledge) for systematic diagnosis, you can remove the ignition wire to that cylinder and swap it with a wire from another cylinder -- hopefully you can find two that are close in length. If the code follows the wire to the other cylinder, you found the problem. If it stays on #2, it could be the spark plug, lack of compression, the injector not receiving a pulse, or probably a list of even more options.
In any case, don't drive the vehicle in this condition, or it will cost you a lot of dough for a new catalytic converter...
Good Luck!

corrected,

check for spark FOCTARD h 'u r c
Maybe I missed some replys but I would check the number two plug, coil, wire and of course the other great advice..
Hank