96 ford taurus gl with gremlins

ok folks got a 96 for taurus with a 3.0l eng just the basic one, not the fancy DOHC. Seems I have a short somewhere but I can't find it. the temp guage
seems to move up and down with pressing of the brake pedal, blinker switch, power windows and door lock will all trigger the temp guage to move slightly or as with brake pedal just keep going to redline while at a stop light. as soon as i start off again the guage will go back down. I have replaced the alternator once already that solved some other problem I had. I have traced the wires from alt to fuse box no breaks or chaffing I can see and continuity is good thru wires. cleaned every connnection I can find and it still has a problem. Also heater fan has prblem running at a constant speed when at idle and won't blow hot air if yoo sit at idle to long.
any suggestion or had same problems.

Yopu have TWO problems:
One, you're low on coolant... that's what causes the heat rise to red and loss of warming at idle.
Two , the instrument cluster or engine has a bad ground
you pay..DEAL with it!