'96 Grand Marquis Keyless entry

I just got a 1996 Grand Marquis LS. It has a keyless entry pad. I am the 3rd owner and I bought it from an estate sale. There is no record of the combination for the key pad. I had an 86 Nissan Maxima that I was able to
reset the system to set a new master combination. Is there anyway to do something like this on the Grand Marquis?
Thanks,
DaleB
how to reprogram the keyless entry pad is covered in the owners manual
My owners guide only tells me how to "Program" the keyless entry. IE. how to add personal codes. You still need the master code to do this.
Can a Mercury dealer get the master code?
THanks,
Daleb

You need to locate the permanent entry code. Once you have this you can program in an alternate code by following the instructions in the owner's guide. For a 1996 the dealer can't read the code any easier than you can (i.e., it is not electronically readable). It is possible that the original dealer has it recorded in their records, but I doubt you even know the original dealers name. Ford did provide means of determining the code -
The system's permanent entry code was originally located in four places:
1) on the owner's warranty card. 2) on a label on the inside of the luggage compartment door (aka, the trunk lid). 3) on an owner's code card. 4) on the driver door module.
Since you bought the car used, you probably can only count on 2 and 4. It is possible that someone has removed the code sticker from the trunk, but you should look. It will be a 5 digit number on a little white sticker. If the sticker is gone, then you will need to read the sticker on the driver's door module. To access this module, you will need to remove the driver's door trim panel.
Regards,
Ed White
DBJW wrote:

Bingo! The number was still on a sticker in the trunk. Thank you so very much!
DaleB

the