96 merc sable transmission quirk

My sable has 60,000 miles on it and on light acceleration at highway speeds it has what seems to be a stutter. Also it has a hard downshift when comming to a stop. The trans fluid is of a very light brown color
insted of pink. This has happened over the past 2 months or so. I'm changing fluid today. Does anyone reccomend a brand of additive that might resolve this problem? Thanks
Drop pan and clean and fil land then do a flush using the most recent version of Mercon for your car . I have have good luck with Lubegard products ( www.lubgard.com ) . Cross your fingers . Those transaxles are bad news IMO .

Thanks for the advice changed oil, filter added Lubegard Platinum shifts smooth as silk so far.