96 Ranger timing belt problems!!!! ASAP

Ok, I'm in a mess, friend asks me to change his timign belt for him, so I figure what the hell in exchange for a case of beer I'll do it. So we get started on it, at night and like an idiot I start ripping it apart a little
over confident because I've dont it 1000 times on Volvos. Well on the auxiliary shaft theres two marks, and theres also two marks on the camshaft sprocket. Too compound things I don't know if the engine is at TDC on the compression stroke or the exhaust stroke. I think I've tried nearly every possibility of these options 100 times and it still wont start.....I had some issues getting the crankshaft pulley off and may have damaged the crankshaft sensor, like I need something else to compound this problem....not to mention the fact that I'm working on it over at his house without all my tools! Please I'd appreciate any feedback I could get on this, I'm sure its something small I'm overlooking...anyone know of a way to test that crank sensor??
Thanks,
Bob
Bob, I shouldn't do this but........I don't need to tell you that a proper manual..........well you know.
*NOTE: Care must be taken during timing belt installation to prevent damage to the inner timing cover.
If not done:
Loosen tensioner adjusting bolt. Using Camshaft Belt Tension Adjusting Tool T74P-6254-A, pry tensioner clockwise against spring tension as far as possible. Tighten adjusting bolt to hold tensioner in released position. Align crankshaft so number one piston is at TDC (top dead center) with crankshaft key pointing straight up and circle on crankshaft sprocket (6306) aligned with notch in engine front cover (6019).
Align triangle on camshaft sprocket with triangle on inner timing belt cover.
Align diamond on oil pump sprocket with diamond on inner timing belt cover.*
So you know, the engine is free-wheeling so no damage to valves should have occurred. I doubt you damaged the crank sensor unless your a butcher, but I don't know that. Any way, as always check for the basics spark...........

little
camshaft
house
Next time wait until the job is done and THEN start with the beer.
Thanks, Bob, and thanks Thomas actually believe it or not I did have a manual, it's a shitty one though that doesn't mention the diamond or the triangle, it just mentioned arrows thanks for clarifying. I'll be working on it today thanks for your input!

get
the
every
way
I think I may have broken the crankshaft position sensor, because I am gettin no spark, it kind of looks, broken then again it kind of doesn't what do they look like?

little
camshaft
house
You can check it with a volt meter, set to AC.

Hey thomas I just wanted to let you know that your a lifesaver, and I really really really really, appreciate your help! Thanks for being there!!
-Bob

so I

get
the
every
had
on
way
Can anyone provide a pic on-line??!!
please I'm in desperate need of this, no one carries one in town and I'll need to special order it.
-Bob

little
camshaft
house