96 Sable/Taurus ---> Does speedo inter-relate w trans ???

A local garage put in a used motor in my 96 Sable wagon w V6 Duratec. It's shifting very erratically. I also noticed that the speedometer is not working. Are these two problems inter-related? Or just 2 independent problems. I used to have an 85 Chevy and when the speedo went bad, I had all kinds of other problems with the car.

Reply to
46erjoe
46erjoe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes.

VSS, and that garage should know that it's critical to proper operation.

The job, therefore is not complete.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic