96 Sable Wagon CD Player Stuck - already tried fuse trick

Hi all.
The CD player in my 96 Sable Stn Wagon (six-disc cartridge, installed in trunk) does not release the cartridge. When pressing the cartridge release
button the player attempts to pull in the first disk, retries several times, then gives up without releasing the cartridge.
I've already pulled and re-plugged both the radio fuse under the dash and the one in the power distribution box under the hood (though not both at once), to no avail.
Aside from whatever is causing the CD to not load, how do I either: (a) force the cartridge to release (probably impossible) or (b) uninstall the player so I can find out what is wrong. My Haynes repair manual offers no help in how to pull out the CD player.
Thanks,
Gerry

Take a look at the cd player on your computer , they have a small hole that you can stick in a straightened paper clip or jewelers screwdriver to over ride the mechanical locking system , not sure if this would apply to an auto system though ... just took a look at my cd-burner , the hole is almost hidden below the tray, looks like a flaw in the plastic.
Phil
Phil, thanks for your reply. In fact I did find a manual-release access point in the front of the player, but it turns out the disk was jammed. The player seems to have gotten confused and shoved the CD being played (my grand-daughter's "Barbie" rock CD from vacation) into an occupied slot. I was finally able to figure out how to remove the player (two bolts I hadn't noticed before), and I then had to dismantle the player in order to get the CD out. The disk, unfortunately, had to be destroyed in the process. The player is back together and amazingly survived the operation.
Two possible causes: (1) for the last week I had been having problems with the Daytime Running Lights controller, which left the headlights permanently on, forcing me to disconnect the battery whenever I parked the car. Perhaps while the unit was starting up it got a power interruption while I disconnected the battery, and maybe that confused it.
(2) The other possibility is that I mave have run the CD for a time with the enclosure door open, I noticed that the player didn't work properly while it was in it's dismantled state after I had gotten the CD out of it. It would only play CD #1. On a hunch, I just dropped the dismantled unit into it's installation bay and closed the door on it, and it worked fine. Obviously there are some optical sensors in the unit and perhaps a stray ray of sunshine finding it's way into the unit through the disk viewing window, at just the wrong time, caused the unit to become confused and jam. So the label on the player that says "KEEP DOOR CLOSED" is there for a reason.
Anyway, the lesson for today: when mucking around with the car's electrics, pull the CD player fuse first, and always keep the CD player door closed !
Time to go buy another "Barbie" CD.
Gerry

the

Glad you got it working ... a new Barbie CD sounds like an inexpensive fix !
Phil