96 T-Bird runs terrible

96 T-Bird intake manifold was made of plastic and cracked and overheated. I think I shut it down before it got too hot. Car was running fine before that. Replaced the manifold which requires removing the fuel rail and injectors. Drove it home and had a miss in it but was driveable and idled ok. Tinkered with it and took out the injectors, soaked them in gas and cleaned them as best I could. Now it is much worse and won't idle. Is there a way to blow out the injectors? My guess is one or more is clogged but not sure. Car runs as if there is water in the gas. Help!!! Thanks
Reply to
ankhe105

What I learned about my 4.6: Make sure all your plug wires are clean and

*DRY*. If the boots get wet it will mimic all kinds of problems. They retain moisture via the design.
Reply to
F.H.

Hmmmm....... Thanks F.H. When the manifold blew, I had coolant ALL over the place. Couldn't even tell where it was coming from til I re-filled it with water and started it up. It poured out like a garden hose. NAPA guy told me Ford had lots of problems with that so watch out. Mine has 160K on it. My new one is aluminum where the coolant passes over so look for one of those if yours does the same. I will dry those out right now. Thanks much

Reply to
ankhe105

F.H., YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (or woman). Dried those babies out and she's got that old power back and runs like a champ!!!! Thank you so much!!! Glad I found this site and that you saved me mucho $$$$ Doug

Reply to
ankhe105

This place has saved me quite a few bucks. I have a 97 and got a new manifold via recall. They even paid the tow. Glad to have helped.

Frank In Covina Calif

Reply to
F.H.