96 Tarus codes:

I got code P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency below Limit - Bank No 2 and P01409 - "Factory emissions", stated on unit,another web site has P1409? EGR Vacuum Regulator circuit malfunction P1409? Electronic Vacuum Regulator Control circuit fault, which I think is a result of first. So what do I have to repair?

Reply to
Hooter

If the codes you have posted cannot point you to the right place in the manuals and/or test charts than take it to a mechanic for an accurate diagnosis/repair.

Reply to
sleepdog

P0430 is "usually" the indicator of a failing converter, but not always. EGR diag can get a little tricky for folks who are not familiar whith how the system works and what the fault codes are telling them. If you want to repair this yourself, the first thing I would recommend is obtaining the factory service information. It contains pinpoint tests for diag of fault codes. (test vlotage at point A, if 5v then check X, if not check Y, etc.)Chilton and Haynes are of little use. Original service CD's and paper manuals are available at

Copies of the factory service manuals and CDs are available on Ebay for about $10 and ISO images are available for download (do a search of this newsgroup). Be aware that the copies and images likely are copyright violations, follow your conscience.

Reply to
Tom Adkins