96 Taurus 24V - engine noise

Hi, I haven't found any posts in this newsgroup with engine problem I have with my

96 Taurus LX Wagon (255k kms=160k miles) There is some srtange noise coming from a valve cover of rear bank of cylinders. I checked it with my stethoscope: the noise is not regular - like couple of small stones inside but, what is strange for me - this doesn't change engine's rpms. Engine works smoothly. It looks for me like a camshaft has too much play. Bought Haynes manual to confirm this - but it did not- but it says that there is a "sevice limit" for camshaft play. How hard is this to repair? Any other ideas? please help Gregory beside this problem my Taurus is going very strong, no problems with a transmission, heater etc. Maybe because of scheduled maintenace. Only weak points in this car are ball joints - changed them maybe five times already.
Reply to
Gregory

Go to

and join up. You'll find lots of information on that site and lots of Taurus owners willing to help.

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo