96 Taurus

Here was the plan...
1. Warm engine... then disconnect battery. Let engine cool. 2. Replace the DPFE. 3. Clean the MAF (With great care for the little wires - I heard Windex does
the trick) 4. Replace the PCV 5. Restart car.
And here's what happened...
2. DPFE was a piece of cake. 3. MAF was a little trickier. I could not remove the MAF unit from the air intake housing; the plastic unit was attached to the air intake housing with a couple of tamper-proof Torx screws. One of which had the head capped with some sort of glue. I started to whittle the glue off the top of the screw, but when I looked down the housing and saw those little wires (those fragile-looking little wires), the angel of wisdom whispered in my ear, "There's probably a reason they don't want you taking this apart." So, uncharacteristically, I heeded this voice, and put the air intake housing back on. 4. PCV valve, another piece of cake.
And after a small offering of blood the middle finger on my right hand, the car started and the light has been off.
Thanks to everybody, Steve
miles 55k
Great job steve!

does
with
with
the
Steven opined in

THey didnt do that for YOU... they did it to keep out:
Beer guzzling guys with torn Cleveland Brown jerseys and "#3" on rear window
and precocious 10 year olds who want to "help out"
Small vise grips to start the screws out then replace screws.
If you've ever done any electronic repair work, Like replace a PC CPU - you could handle it...
I told you how.