96 Taurus Battery Light on

Earlier this week the battery light came on in my 96 Taurus. Swapped batteries with my other 96 Taurus to try to eliminate a bad battery. Light was still on. I replaced the altenator (auto parts store told me
the old one was bad after testing). The battery light continues to be on with the new altenator Took the new alt back and had them test it, too. It was good. I have triple checked the fuses. Any thoughts as to why the light would be on??? Thanks!