96 Taurus: Door Ajar?

I have a 96 Taurus that has a Door Ajar warning and the interior lights stay on. By the chime that sounds when I open the other doors, I narrowed it
down to the passenger front door, but I can't find the switch that detects whether it is open or closed. I looked in my manual but couldn't find it there either. Can anyone tell me where the switch is and how to check or adjust it?
Thanks. Steve
The warning switch is in the door latch. Spray some WD-40 in there to clean the crud off. The warning should go away.
Steve Judy wrote:

I agree with Sharon.
I had the exact same problem with my '98 Taurus. I had the additional symptom of the horn double-honking when the doors were locked by keyless entry remote (indicating door adjar).
I tried the WD-40 first, but that didn't help much. I finally broke down and took the door apart. I wasn't able to get to the switch easily, but just removed and replaced the wiring harness and it worked! That was around two years ago and still no problem (knock on wood ...).
Good luck! Pete