96 Taurus LX Security system

Hi all. My mother has a 96 Ford Taurus with a factory security system. The manual doesn't really say anything about it. Does anyone have any information on how to tell it to stop arming automatically?

If the red light on the dash stops blinking.
mike hunt
Dirty White Boy wrote:

Thanks for the info, but I am wanting to know how to stop the system from arming automatically when the ignition is turned off. I could have worded that better.