96 thunderbird 3.8

I have a 96 Thunderbird with a 3.8 motor that is knocking bad.I'm going to replace it with a 97 Thunderbird 3.8 motor.The 97 motor comes with the wiring harnness.The harness plugs up fine its just that the
temp. and oil sensors are a little different wiring. The question is will i need a computer from a 97 thunderbird?

If the sensors and wiring are the same on the 97 as on the 96 it will likely work, but better to put the 96 sensors and harness on the 97 engine.
I'd plug it in and see what happens - and switch harnesses (and offendinf sensors) if it doesn't work.

Or just use all the sensors out of the 96...

problem is a 96 3.8 has two sensors one has two wires the other one wire.The 97 3.8 has two sensors both are two wire sensors.Both also they have a third temp. sensor that's a one wire that leads to the back of the engine.Which one of these sensors are supposed to work the mechanical gauge.I got all the sensors to work but the temp. gauge.Please don't say I have to change the wiring harness.
I don't know if this is why there is a difference, I've read that the 97 T-Bird used a Taurus instrument cluster as a cost saving measure compared to the unique cluster used in previous years. Steve