96 Windstar motor blewup

Hi I just had a 3.8 motor rebuilt and 3,000 kilo's later threw a rod through the block. The motor is under warranty still Had CAA take it to the garage. The guy there is telling me that under normal use this should not of happened. He is trying to get out of the warranty. This was never abused. What are my options with this problem other than scraping the van LOL..

Reply to
ledpeddle

Either he replaces the engine or he refunds you the total cost of the repair.

These engines are time-bombs - and the fuse gets significantly shorter if coolant has EVER gotten into the engine.

When you say the engine was rebuilt - what are the details????

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

"ledpeddle" wrote in news:TTQfd.9199$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Well I hope you have the warranty in writing! Assuming that you are owed a repair, he refuses to make good on it, and you can prove both, then your only option is court. That is what the civil court system is for! Get a judgement for the amount you will need to have the problem fixed at another shop. You might even be able to get a judgement for rental car costs, but I wouldn't assume that without checking into it. I am not a lawyer, so consult one if you need to.

Rodney

Reply to
Rodney

Hey guys thanks for all the good info. The motor was completely rebuilt top to bottom. It had the head gasket syndrome. LOL I think the guy that rebuilt it did a good job. What I think happened was a rod let go and boom through the block or pan oil all over back bottom side of engine.

Reply to
ledpeddle