96 Windstar Whining grinding noise

My van started making a loud whining,grinding noise. It sounds like it's coming from the alternator or pwr steering but I can't tell which.pwr steering fluid level is good no warning lights?Thanks

96 windstar 3.8
Reply to
Steph

I've had three alternators cause that same symptom on my 98 Windstar 3.8 in six months. I would be suspicious of that and check it closely for output and bearing noise. Most likely it's the alternator.

BLimey

Reply to
BLimey