96 winstar

I just bought a ford winstar a 1996 but the problem I am having is I am not getting any heat in the front of the van there is heat in the rear but its just blowing
cold air. I check the hose to see if the hose from the rad is hot the top hose from the rad is hot but the bottom hose is cold. I am wondering if the turmostat is lock in one possession?.